About Me

My photo
I'm a working mum of two lovely children who, like all children, go through 'phases', both good and bad. Trying to juggle parenthood, weight loss and life in general.

Thursday 3 March 2016

World book day and KIT

Typical that my keep in touch day at work coincided with world book day. Which meant the morning mayhem of trying to get 3 of us up, washed, dressed, bags packed and out by 7.30, was made more stressful with the addition of having to pack extra spare clothes for the inevitable moment  when the costumes get too annoying, remembering the 'props' to accompany the outfits, and the bloody book! It was all worth it though to see the cuteness of them dressed up, and when little miss refusing to be called by her name and insisting that they only be addressed as Betty O'Barley and Harry O'Hay, the main protagonists in Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler's The Scarecrows' Wedding. 

Once the kids were safely dropped off in their costumes, I munched my breakfast (a banana) in the car on route to work. I resisted the urge to snack at my desk through the morning, which is quite an achievement  for me. For lunch I had a cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwich that I had made the night before, 2 Syns for the light spread. And snacked on some cucumber chunks....and a packet of walkers baked crisps (5 Syns.)

It was a long day at work, and so by the time I got home didn't really have time to cook (and still haven't been shopping so have very little in.) so I reheated a bit of  yesterday's Bolognese and had another HE portion of cheese. If you are breastfeeding a weaning baby you can have 2 healthy A choices. And gave little man a bit for his supper. I washed it down with a bottle of Becks Blue (2.5 Syns.) 



Little man did really well at nursery and ate all of his breakfast (weetabix). Lunch was sausages, new potatoes and veg, which he ate all of. Corn snacks mid afternoon  and then vegetable soup and bread with fruit for pudding, which he again ate all of. I think we can safely say the little piglet has a healthy appetite. 

Little miss must have had a good day today because it was her favourite lunch in the preschool room, sausage casserole, which she had 2 helping of. By the time I got home she was already fast asleep in bed. I'm hoping I won't be too far behind her. 

Totally Syns = 9.5


Mummuddlingthrough

No comments:

Post a Comment